52. Chamber Court
Building complex dating back to the 14th century
Since 1453 domicile of the salt office
Since 1942 home th the chamer court museum
The building complex at “Kammerhofgasse” right next to the “Trauntor” in Gmunden is called the chamber court. The historical chamber court is a building complex dating back to the 14th century which has developed itself to be one of the most important institutions in the Salzkammergut as the country-royal salt office in 1453. The building was established around 1450 from two already existing farmsteads as the imperial salt office. Originally, it was a gothic establishment which has been vastly extended and changed over the course of time. Only in 1854 the wing facing the lake in “Schleißgasse” was built. Without a doubt the chamber court was and is to date the most dominant building in the city of Gmunden. Since the Nazi era the biggest part of the building is being used as a museum (chamber court museum / “K-Hof Museum”).