02. Imperial Post and Telegraph Office
Newly built in 1894 in that building until 1929
In Gmunden the location of the post office building has changed several times over the course of time. The municipal ward was located at the beginning of the “Graben”. In 1894 it was removed and replaced with a splendid new building. In that new building several rooms were set up for the imperial post and telegraph office. With its utterly practical and tastefully equipped administrative offices it met the requirements of the international spa guests. It stayed there until 1929. Then the post office moved to its present location on the corner of Bahnhofsstraße and Habertstraße.