- pets allowed
Romantic mountain holiday in a hunting lodge from imperial times, the Klaushofstube in Gosau.
Holidays at the Jagdhaus KlaushofstubeAt our newly renovated "Jagdhaus Klaushofstube" in Gosau am Dachstein, situated at the northern edge of the famous Dachstein massif, you can enjoy the alpine summer with nature and calmness.
A former imperial hunting lodge from the times of Emperor Franz-Josef and after a comprehensive but careful renovation, our Klaushofstube offers you mountain lodge feeling in magnificient, quiet forest settings, combined with up-to-date comforts.
- Cozy holiday apartment in the upper floor of the lodge, ca. 60 m², with 2 bedrooms, traditional open-kitchen with old-style fireplace (but equipped with all modern facilities like dishwashing machine, microwave, induction cooker, fridge/deep freezer etc.).
- Large bathroom with shower. Complete baby's/toddler's equipment: bassinet, high-chair, changing pad etc.
- Private, large and sunny southward terracce, exclusively for the holiday apartment.
- Separate entry, storage room for luggage etc., ski storage. car parking
- High-speed WiFi internet, Satellite TV (Astra + all Austrian channels)
- In the Alpine hiking region Dachstein-Gosaukamm-Krippenstein, Busstop only 150m walking distance away, direct connections to Zwieselalm gondola station and Lake Gosausee.
- Directly at the hiking trails and mountainbike tracks: The famous tracks "Dachstein-Runde" and "Plassen-Runde" pass directly along our lodge, as also the route of the legendary Salzkammergut-Trophy MTB Marathon race.
- NEW: Rental of top-class electro-MTBs directly at our lodge. Your bike is ready for you at your arrival. No waiting, no searching, start your sports activity immediately!
- Perfect for active holidays: Mountaineering and Via Ferratas at the Gosaukamm-Massif, E-Bike tours immediatly from our lodge, horse riding, river rafting, trekking excursions in the Dachstein ice-caves, paragliding, wild-water canoeing and much more.
- During summer, we have our fish pond next to the Klaushofstube, where you can fish for trouts, samlets and other fishes of Alpine freshwater (even as an absolute beginner; our fishery master Leopold will teach you, how to do ...). Or you can buy fishes for a bargain and then grill, cook, fry them yourself at the lodge.
- Large garden with sunbathing lawn, sunchairs and barbecue area
- Secluded, quiet setting at the forest
- Unlimited playgrounds for the little ones at the garden, in the forest and at the nearby mountain creek
- Gather berries, search for mushrooms, pick flowers in the own forest
- In the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Region "Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut" - distinguished as World Cultural Heritage and World Natural Heritage.
- Swimming beaches at Lake Gosausee and Lake Hallstatt, both within approx. 10 min. by car or public transport (bus stop 150m from the lodge).
- Excursions to the historic town of Hallstatt at Lake Hallstatt, and to the Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl, where the Salzkammergut-Therme spa invites for a day of wellness.
Including Salzkammergut Erlebnis-Card discount card, with a lot of discounts and benefits for gondolas, boat trips, museums, toll roads, swimming pools, thermal spas, the historic salt mines in Hallstatt, Altaussee and Hallein, as well as more than 120 other tourist attractions in all Salzkammergut region and the city of Salzburg!
Experience a 360° panorama tour through Gosau valley…
- Size: 60m²
- Persons (max.): 4
- Bed rooms: 2
- Rooms (total): 3
- Bed rooms
- bed linen
- hair dryer
- number Holiday Appartement: 1
- number Persons (from): 2
- number Persons (to): 4
- Size (to): 60,00 m2
- Size (to): 60,00 m2
- Panoramic view
Use of washing machine available on request
- hair dryer
- Cooking possible
- Coffee mashine
- washing machine
- Water boiler
- Grills / BBQ
- Sunbathing area
- Wifi (free of charge)
- (electric) Cooker
- Dishes available
- Blankets available
- Bedcovers available
*large, southward Terrace
- high chair
- Cot / Crib
- Playground (outdoors)
- Diaper-changing pad
- Storeromm (lockable)
- Bicycle parking (not lockable)
- Ski storage room
- Own fishing waters
Fishing rod for guests
In high winter, there is a Bavarian curling (Eisstockschiessen) place near our lodge (ca. 5 min. walking distance). We have a traditional Eisstock (curling wood) for our guests, who would like to try this old Alpine sport.
Free lending of snow-shoes + rods for our guests during their stay.
- Bike rental
- Transfer (airport, train station, ...)
Free transfer from/to railway station Steeg-Gosau,
Individual transfer from/to Salzburg Airport (SZG) at a special rate (€ 125,00 per trip).
- Without board
- Self catering
720 mLocation description
Distance (in km)
- Center: 3,5 km
- Train station: 10,2 km
- Airport: 68,7 km
- Exit: 40 km
- Bus station: 0,15 km
- Pool: 4,1 km
- Lake: 10 km
- Pond: Near by
- Trail: Near by
- Restaurant: 3,6 km
- Shopping possibility: 3,4 km
- Ski lift: 5,9 km
Motorway exit Golling - Abtenau, Russbach, Gosau.
In Gosau: after the Pass Gschütt crossing turn left onto Vordertalstraße, after approx. 3 km you will reach the car park at trout pond Gosau, turn right there and you will reach your destination in 30m.
Motorway exit Regau - Gmunden, Bad Ischl, Bad Goisern, Gosau
In Gosau: at the beginning of the Gosau valley, turn left at the trout pond and you will reach your destination in 30m.
By bus (irregularly on Sundays):
from Bad Ischl: Bus direction Gosausee, get off at the bus stop "Gosau Klaushof" and walk over the bridge at the car park of the trout pond. You will reach the hunting lodge in about 5 minutes on foot.
From Rußbach: Take the bus in the direction of Gosau, change at the terminus "Gosau Abzweigung Pass Gschütt" to the bus in the direction of Bad Ischl, get off at the bus stop "Gosau Klaushof" and walk on the right side across the bridge at the car park of the trout pond. You will reach the hunting lodge in about 5 minutes on foot.
Detailed information on the respective train and bus times can be found at https://www.oebb.at/en/ (train) and https://www.postbus.at/en(bus).
- Parking space: 1
No parking feeShuttle service
Free transfer from/to railway station Steeg-Gosau, Individual transfer from/to Salzburg Airport (SZG) at a special rate (€ 125,00 per trip).
Open the whole year
- holiday suite (unit price): From € 95,00 to € 165,00 (per night)
You can find current price informations on the Dachstein Salzkammergut booking system.
according to the Austrian "2006 GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE HOTEL INDUSTRY" (AGBH 2006)
- Privatvermieterverband OÖ
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
- Room / apartment available for non-smokers
Pets allowed. Dogs welcome, however they should be able to walk at heel and be supervised near our hunting lodge (several large cats, Klaushofstube is situated in a game-rich hunting ground and an open pasture area with free-running cows and horses during summer)
Please get in touch for more information.
- Arrival by car
- Running water (warm)
- Drinking water available
- Electricity available
- Sanitary facilities: Large Bathroom with Shower/WC, Daylight
Jagdhaus Klaushofstube Klaushofweg 4
mobile +43 677 63290949
Mrs Alla Knappe
mobile +43 677 63290949
Legal contact informationJagdhaus Klaushofstube
Mag. Alla Knappe
UID: Ust.befreit § 6 Abs 1 Z 27 UStG