Romantic mountain holiday in a hunting lodge from imperial times, the Klaushofstube in Gosau.
At our newly renovated "Jagdhaus Klaushofstube" in Gosau am Dachstein, situated at the northern edge of the famous Dachstein massif, you can spend winter holidays like from a fairy tale.
A former imperial hunting lodge from the times of Emperor Franz-Josef and after a comprehensive but careful renovation, our Klaushofstube offers you mountain lodge feeling in magnificient, quiet forest settings, combined with up-to-date comforts.
- Cozy holiday apartment in the upper floor of the lodge, ca. 60 m², with 2 bedrooms, traditional open-kitchen with old-style fireplace (but equipped with all modern facilities like dishwashing machine, microwave, induction cooker, fridge/deep freezer etc.).
- Large bathroom with shower. Complete baby's/toddler's equipment: bassinet, high-chair, changing pad etc.
- Separate entry, storage room for luggage etc., ski storage, car parking
- High-speed WiFi internet, Satellite TV (Astra + all Austrian channels)
- In the ski resort Dachstein - Gosau - Annaberg, skischaukel with more than 140 km of slopes.
- Snow-safe, but sunny ski resort allows skiing until mid-April. Located on the northern side of the huge Dachstein massif.
- Bus stop for ski-bus only 150 m walking distance (flat way), to the Hornspitz chairlift station ca. 5 min. by car or bus
- Directly at the sunny cross-country tracks of the Gosau valley (ca. 50 km, both classic and skating style, no track fees!)
- Directly at the winter hiking trails
- New: Free Snow-Shoes + Rods for our Guests. Try show-shoe hiking and enjoy the new, healthy winter adventure for any age!
- Romantic horse sledge and husky dog-sleigh excursions directly from our lodge
- Fondue dinners at the historical "Kaiserstube" (Emperor's parlour) of the lodge
- Unlimited playgrounds for the little ones: fooling around in the snow, building a snowman, snowball fights and much, much more...
- Large garden with sunbathing lawn, sunchairs and barbecue area
- Secluded, quiet setting at the forest
- In the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Region "Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut" - distinguished as World Cultural Heritage and World Natural Heritage.
- Excursions to the historic town of Hallstatt at Lake Hallstatt, and to the Imperial summer residence Bad Ischl, where the Salzkammergut-Therme spa invites for a day of wellness.
Minimum Occupancy: 5 Nights
- number Holiday Appartement: 1
- number Persons (from): 4
- number Persons (to): 2
- Size (until): 60,00 m2
- Size (until): 60,00 m2
Use of washing machine available on request
- hair dryer
- Cooking possible
- Coffee mashine
- washing machine
- Water boiler
- Grills / BBQ
- Sunbathing area
- Wifi (free of charge)
- (electric) Cooker
- Dishes available
- Blankets available
- Bedcovers available
large, southward Terrace
- high chair
- Cot / Crib
- Playground (outdoors)
- Diaper-changing pad
- Storeromm (lockable)
- Bicycle parking (not lockable)
- Ski storage room
- Own fishing waters
Fishing rod for guests
In high winter, there is a Bavarian curling (Eisstockschiessen) place near our lodge (ca. 5 min. walking distance). We have a traditional Eisstock (curling wood) for our guests, who would like to try this old Alpine sport.
Free lending of snow-shoes + rods for our guests during their stay.
- Bike rental
- Transfer (airport, train station, ...)
Free transfer from/to railway station Steeg-Gosau,
Individual transfer from/to Salzburg Airport (SZG) at a special rate (€ 125,00 per trip).
- Without board
- Self catering
NEW THIS AUTUMN: "Indian Summer Jagdhaus-Schmankerln", half board with traditional and special autumn dishes from the cook-book of your Jagdhaus host Alla. Each week 1 x fondue dinner and 1 x cookery course on the topics of mushrooms, marinating, rare marmelades etc., depending on market. Cooking and dining at the historical "Kaiserstube" (Emperor's Room) on the ground floor of the lodge, which is normally inaccessible for public. A Great experience for any lover of alpine lifestyle! Bookable as an option, until December 20th.
720 mLocation description
quiet location, directly at the forest
- Center: 3,5 km
- Train station: 10,2 km
- Airport: 68,7 km
- Exit: 40 km
- Bus station: 0,15 km
- Pool: 4,1 km
- Lake: 10 km
- Pond: Near by
- Trail: Near by
- Restaurant: 3,6 km
- Shopping possibility: 3,4 km
- Ski lift: 5,9 km
motorway exit Golling - Abtenau, Russbach, Gosau
Gosau: after the Pass Gschütt junction turn left onto the Vordertalstraße, after approx. 3 km you reach the parking lot at the Forellenteich Gosau, then finally turn right.
Motorway exit Regau - Gmunden, Bad Ischl, Bad Goisern, Gosau
Gosau: at the beginning of the Gosau valley, directly at the trout pond, turn left.
from Bad Ischl: bus line 542 direction Gosausee
from Golling/Rußbach: bus line 470 direction Gosau, then change to line 542 direction Bad Ischl
Exit at bus stop "Gosau Klaushof"
Detailed information on the respective train and bus times can be found at https://www.oebb.at/en/ (train) and https://www.postbus.at/en(bus).
- Parking space: 1
Free transfer from/to railway station Steeg-Gosau, Individual transfer from/to Salzburg Airport (SZG) at a special rate (€ 125,00 per trip).
open all the year
- holiday suite (unit price): From € 95,00 until € 165,00 (per night)
€ 2,00, from Jan. 1st, 2021: 2,50 €
according to the Austrian "2006 GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE HOTEL INDUSTRY" (AGBH 2006)
- Privatvermieterverband OÖ
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
- Room / apartment available for non-smokers
Pets allowed. Dogs welcome, however they should be able to walk at heel and be supervised near our hunting lodge (several large cats, Klaushofstube is situated in a game-rich hunting ground and an open pasture area with free-running cows and horses during summer)
Please get in touch for more information.
- Arrival by car
- Running water (warm)
- Electricity available
- Sanitary facilities: Large Bathroom with Shower/WC, Daylight
Like every year, we again arranged an amazing program for the holidays:
"Slow Winter" - this is winter pleasure without the hustle and bustle of the ski pistes: Snowshoeing in the high mountains, cross-country skiing on...
From the middle of march the time of the "gourmet skiing" starts at our Klaushofstube: Slopes and trail conditions are excellent, the sun starts...
+43 677 63290949
Mrs Alla Knappe
+43 681 10155847
Legal contact informationJagdhaus Klaushofstube
MMag. Alla Knappe
UID: Ust.befreit § 6 Abs 1 Z 27 UStG