© Foto: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH/Robert Maybach: Gesellige Runde am Wolfgangsee
Gruppe junger Menschen auf einem Steg am Wolfgangsee

Pfarrkirche Jeging

Jeging, Oberösterreich, Österreich
The church is dedicated to St Stephen and was first mentioned in a document in 735. It was probably built in its present form around 1600.
Jeging used to belong to the parish of Munderfing. The old vicarage in Jeging was a noble residence before the lord of the castle, Heinrich von Jeging, decided to become a monk in Michaelbeuern and donated his estate to the church. In 1441, the parish seat was moved from Munderfing to the former noble seat in Jeging, and at the beginning of the 18th century Jeging appears as an independent parish or municipality. The school was built in 1860 and 1861 and today serves as the vicarage. The former vicarage, the Edelsitz, now houses the municipal office.
The parish of Jeging belongs to the Innviertel region and is under the jurisdiction of the Mattighofen deanery. The parish vicar of Jeging is GR Josef Maier.
Sunday mass takes place at 9.15 am (Saturdays at 7.30 pm).
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.


Pfarrkirche Jeging
Jeging 6
5225 Jeging

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA