© Foto: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH/Robert Maybach: Gesellige Runde am Wolfgangsee
Gruppe junger Menschen auf einem Steg am Wolfgangsee

Schloss Weidenholz

Waizenkirchen, Oberösterreich, Österreich
Weidenholz Castle was probably built at the beginning of the 13th century. In addition to the Starhembergs, Schaunbergs and Duke Albrecht III of Austria, the moated castle had numerous other owners. Under Achaz von Losenstein, the village of Waizenkirchen was elevated to a market town. Weidenholz Castle was also owned by Hans Ludwig Count von Kuefstein, who was appointed Governor of Upper Austria in 1631 and shortly afterwards Imperial Count. He also founded the hospital in Waizenkirchen. In 1930, the moated castle, including the park and meadowland, became the property of the municipality of Waizenkirchen. It has been used as a residential building ever since, was renovated in 1989 and has also been home to the regional music school since 1992.

  • Can only be viewed from outside

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Schloss Weidenholz
Weidenholz 1
4730 Waizenkirchen

Phone +43 7277 2255
Fax machine +43 7277 2255 - 30
Web www.schloss-weidenholz.at/
Web www.waizenkirchen.at
https://www.schloss-weidenholz.at/
http://www.waizenkirchen.at

Legal contact information

Schloss Weidenholz
Weidenholz 1
AT-4730 Waizenkirchen
https://www.schloss-weidenholz.at/

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA