© Foto: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH/Robert Maybach: Gesellige Runde am Wolfgangsee
Gruppe junger Menschen auf einem Steg am Wolfgangsee

Gemeindeamt St. Veit

St. Veit im Innkreis, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • All weather

St. Veit im Innkreis

An insight into the history
The village has been Bavarian since the foundation of the Duchy of Bavaria. The castles of Wimhub and Brunnthal near Sankt Veit belonged to the Barons of Hackledt from the 16th to the 19th century, many family members are also buried in the church of Sankt Veit, where several gravestones commemorate them. In 1779, after the Peace of Teschen, the Innviertel (then 'Innbaiern') became part of Austria. During the Napoleonic Wars, it briefly became Bavarian again, but finally became part of Upper Austria in 1814. After the annexation of Austria to the German Reich on 13 March 1938, the village belonged to the "Gau Oberdonau". Upper Austria was restored after 1945.
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • All weather

Please get in touch for more information.


Gemeindeamt St. Veit
Sankt Veit im Innkreis 31
5273 St. Veit im Innkreis

Phone +43 7723 6113
Fax machine +43 7723 6113 - 4
E-Mail gemeinde@st-veit-innkreis.ooe.gv.at
Web www.st-veit-innkreis.at/

Contact person
Mr Bgm. Manfred Feichtinger

We speak the following languages


powered by TOURDATA