©
© Foto: Oberösterreich Tourismus GmbH/Robert Maybach: Gesellige Runde am Wolfgangsee
Gruppe junger Menschen auf einem Steg am Wolfgangsee

Parish Church of Saint Michael

Raab, Oberösterreich, Österreich
  • Suitable for groups

The local Parish Church is dedicated to Saint Michael. The church you see today is mainly of the 12th century. The original structure was erected in Gothic style and had two naves.

As legend has it, its foundation is connected with archangel Michael of Holy Boniface, Apostle of the Teutons, who founded the diocese of Passau in the year 739. There are only little surviving history records of the ancient 8th century Romanesque-style building left.

The remains of the Gothic renovation that took place around 1400 can only be seen in fragments of the present church. The parish of Raab was attached to the diocese of Passau and was noted for being among the oldest and most extensive parishes in Upper Austria.

By appointment

Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
  • Toilet facility
  • Suitable for groups

Please get in touch for more information.

Contact


Parish Church of Saint Michael
Dr.-Pfluger-Straße 11
4760 Raab

Phone +43 7762 2275

Contact person
Pfarrassistantin Katharina Samhaber

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA