Lovely Mühlholz Chapel creates a typically Upper Austrian scene of a church on a hilltop, surrounded by trees and is a sight that can be seen for miles around.
The stations of the cross link the graveyard with Mühlholz hill. The Bohemain Forest and the foothills of the Alps are visible from the hill on clear days.
Weaver Alois Johanniter of Lembach founded this chapel and the stations of the cross in 1844 out of gratitude for his salvaging from a shipping accident. A votive painting in the chapel´s interior depicts the Bavarian steamship named "Ludwig". A marble tablet on the right wall of the chapel commemorates this accident. Two angel statues flank the Golgotha altar, which is at the heart of the chapel.