The church of the Ursuline sisters was built by the Linz master builders Johann Haslinger and J.M. Krinner between 1736 and 1772.
All the sculptures are by F.J. Mähl. The altar leaves were painted by Bartolomeo Altomonte and Antonio Belucci, while the high altar painting is by Martin Altomonte. The curved facade has twin spires and figures by F.J. Mähl and Ignaz Hiebel. The nunnery was vacated by the Ursuline nuns in 1968 and purchased by the Upper Austrian government in 1973. It was then converted into the provincial cultural centre.
Linz Linien bus/tram: 1, 2, 3 – Mozartkreuzung;
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.