Parish Church of Taufkirchen
The spirit of Christianity was propagated here in this area some 1,300 years ago.
The earliest part of Taufkirchen's history begins with Saint Rupert of Salzburg who probably did missionary work in the Trattnach Valley. This was the beginning of the Parish Church at Taufkirchen by the Trattnach. The original church was a simple wooden structure.
Nothing is known about the exact foundation date of the Church.
The epitaph probably was erected in the year 1607 as Grimmelius died in 1617. Grimmelius established the oldest urbane in 1600. The Church façade was decorated with ancient tombstones made of red marble with the year 1553 inscribed. One box tombstone of particular interest marks the grave of a parish priest and dates back to the 15th century. It adorns the belfry of the steeple.
The biggest epitaph was laid as foundation stone for the Church´s main portal. In the course of time, the outside of the Church was radically altered. Most of the old box tombstones and headstones were removed as they had become unsightly with age and difficult to maintain.