The Raven House
The "Raven House" was built at the end of the 15th century and was part of the storehouse buildings of Braunau (4 storeys). From 1707 it was used as a brewery, and later it became the office and domicile of Johann Gottlieb Kattenspeck, the last clerk of the administrative and regional court district of Julback and tax collector of Braunau.
Since these times the "Bavarian Lion" can be foundon on the highest gable (24m) of the historical town centre. Although the Inn district had been ceded to Austria in 1779, Kattenspeck continued to reside in this house as chief tax collector and clerk of the administrative and regional court district of Simbach until 1781. The building survived the great fire that devastated the town in 1874