Rococo church Pfarrkirchen
The most beautiful rural rococo church in Austria.
The parish church (St. George) is documented in 1179. Of the original Gothic building (construction completed in 1326), only the choir with 5/8 end and a fresco on the south wall of the west tower remain. The interior decoration of the church is predominantly rococo. All the vaults have frescoes by Wolfgang Andreas Heindl from around 1748. The tower was raised in 1762 and has an onion-shaped helmet. The tabernacle from 1740 is attributed to Balthasar Melber from Enns. The choir stalls and church pews are from the 2nd quarter of the 18th century.