Götzendorf Castle is looking back on 800 traditional years.
In a historical parchment manuscript, found at Wilhering Abbey, the name of "Walter von Gocynesdorf" was mentioned for the first time in 1180. Götzendorf´s name derives from this noble man.
In 1899 a tremendous fire destroyed the castle. Therefore the owners, the Lamberger Dynasty, sold the fortress to Oepping. Today the castle hosts the Spiritual Welfare Association, the small integrated church and the elementary school consisting of two classes. The rectangular courtyard features a number of outstanding arcades from the 17th century. A few memorial stones, a donation of the Meierhof farm, were renovated and are now exhibited in the lovely courtyard.
Inner courtyard, featuring beautiful arcades with historical paintings, and Castle Church open all day.
- Parking space: 10
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
Please get in touch for more information.
- ground level accessible
- door width (min. 80 cm)