12. Wine house Spiesberger
1602 Salt traders house
Since 1896/97 owned by the wine trader Karl Spiesberger
The old house was already mentioned 1602 as a salt traders house. From 1786 to 1829 it accommodated the guest house Goldenen Hirschen (golden deer). It lost its concession in 1829. From 1847 it was owned by the shoe maker´s family Walter, from 1886 by the butcher´s family Lüer. After the great fire in the Kirchengasse in 1896 the buildings were sold. The remains of the house Kirchengasse 3 were sold to the wine trader Karl Spiesberger. He built a large double house, the style of which remains today. The Spiesberger family installed wine trading amongst other things. The wine house was bought by Klaus and Stefanie Ötzlinger in 1987 and is now a very popular restaurant. The small northern part of the double house is used by various traders.