During the 17th and 18th century home to a variety of companies after 1748 a barrack during the 20th century home to the butcher "Pepöck"
This house was called “Hausmayrhaus” after one of its former owners. During the 17th and 18th century it was home to a variety of companies and after 1748 it was used as a military barrack alongside its neighbouring house in Traungasse 2 after having been bought by the city of Gmunden.
In the beginning of the 19th century the building was sold to private owners. Until the end of the 20th century the butcher´s trade was performed here, among others also by the family Pepöck. Since 1991 the house has been owned by the city of Gmunden. Firstly, it was used to house different collections (folklore, sanitary objects). Since 2008 it has been home to the city´s library.