55. Leather House
Owned by tawer and leather families
Leather merchant family Mayrhofer created a Biedermeier Villa
For centuries this house, first mentioned in 1595, was owned by a variety of tawer and leather families. Since 1834 it belonged to the leather merchant family Mayrhofer. They transformed it into a Biedermeier mansion. Ever since then the building is called Mayrhofer-Stöckl. In 1913 the town of Gmunden bought the house. Since 2009 it has been privately owned. Besides apartments it also houses the watchmaker, optician and jeweller Moser.