38. Public Hospital St. Jakob
Gmunden's oldest curch domestic church and burial site to high salt officals sind the 15th century
The public hospital church St. Jakob, Gmunden´s oldest church, was built around 1340 and belonged to the nearby public hospital, a social establishment for the poor of Gmunden. Since the 15th century it functioned as a domestic church and burial site for well-known persons of the salt office located in the adjoining chamber office. From 1891 to 1911 the neo-Gothic interior design was crafted in sculptor Josef Untersberger´s workshop in Gmunden. Today it is part of the chamber office museum and it´s also used for exhibitions.