44. Protestant Parish Church
Bilt from 1871 till 1876 according to plans brawn up by the viennese architect Herrmann Wehrenfennig in neo-gothic style
The protestant parish church which is under monumental protection in the Traundorf-district was opened after a 5-year construction period. According to plans drawn up by the Viennese architect Herrmann Wehrenfennig the church was built in neo-Gothic style which follows the style of Old-English land churches. The construction was financed not only through personal contributions and benefits in kind by members of the community but also by the support from members of the House of Hannover, the Saxony Gustav-Adolf-association and many other supporters. Noteworthy for the building: though undergoing several much-needed renovations the original condition remained unchanged without major adjustments. The vicarage – likewise under monumental protection – was built in 1894.