59. Land Castle Ort
Built from 1626 till 1629 by order of adam earl of Herberstorff
Reshaped by archduke Johann Nepomuk Salvator
Initiator for the building of the country castle was Adam Earl of Herberstorff. The country castle Ort owes its present appearance to renovations ordered by archduke Johann Nepomuk Salvator. He ordered the decoration of the left wall of the building in the inner courtyard with the former owner of the reign Ort´s emblems. An art-fully decorated, wrought-iron well decks the castle courtyard. On the building´s inside far-reaching transformations were made too. In 1918 the estate changed hands to the Federal Forestry Office. From 1919 till 1969 the country castle housed the federal forestry school (“Bundesförsterschule”). Until recently a forestal training site was located here. Right now, the castle is empty though the estate is used during advent time for the so called “Schlösser-advent”, a local Christmas market.