58. Bezirkshauptmannschaft (District Commission)
The former "Hotel Bellevue" has been comicile of the Gmunden district commission since 1945
In 1865 the spa and baths house Dr. Feuerstein existing at this very location since 1862 was extended by a hotel establishment and transformed into the hotel Bellevue. In 1872 and 1877 that very hotel was enlarged by extensions and construction of another story. The hotel owned a landing stage for steamboats and for every arriving and departing train the hotel offered a bus shuttle service to the station for its guests. In 1939 the Nazi rulers took over the tradition-steeped hotel and installed the Nazi district administration of Gmunden. In 1945 it was transformed into the district commission of Gmunden. To date, the building has been renovated several times to comply with the expectations towards an office building. Most recently, a security gate was installed.