46. Engelhof Station
Served the horse-drawn railway from 1836 to 1855
Oldest railway station still in operation in continental Europe
Engelhof station was used for the horse-drawn railway from 1836 till 1855. It lays 50 metres above the absolute endpoint of the railway in Gmunden city centre and was important for salt and goods transport. From 1855 the train station was used for the now disused line Gmunden-Laakirchen-Lambach. Today it is used by the Traunsee Tram line Gmunden-Vorchdorf. The heritage protected train station Engelhof is the oldest still functioning station in mainland Europe.