43. Villa Klusemann
Bilt in 1873 in a classical style by the Klusemann Couple
State musical school since 1992
In 1873 the couple Klusemann built a villa in a classical style on a large piece of land next to castle Mühlwang, on the corner Kliemsteinstrasse/Linzerstrasse. In 1901 Duke Ernst August II of Cumberland bought the villa and initially used it as living quarters, after moving into Cumberland castle the villa was used as an administrative building for the court of Hannover. In March 1935 the villa was the seat of the battalion commander of the newly founded Gmunden garrison. During the Nazi regime the villa was occupied by the army district commander.
After the war the American town commander had his seat here. The Hannover´s finally sold the villa in 1958. The villa Klusemann was turned into a hotel and in 1976 rented to the mission new life. The municipality of Gmunden bought the villa in 1988 with the assistance of the Upper Austrian government. After alterations the state music school moved into the building in 1992. The continuous rise in pupils and the development of teaching, resulted in the need to further extend the building. Thus a modern extension of the music school was added to the villa and opened Easter 2016 for the music pupils.