Weg des Buches Pilgerweg (pilgrimage “path of the books”) Upper Austria
Paths of the past were hidden and mysterious. Along old trade routes, you can cross all of Upper Austria. From Ebensee, salt was transported on foot towards Germany. On the return journey, books were smuggled.
This pilgrimage leads from Ortenburg (Bavaria) via Schärding, Peuerbach, St. Agatha, Eferding, Wallern, Wels and Gmunden to Ebensee. It takes you through towns and along existing hiking and forest trails as well as rivers and lakes on 9 day trips.
- Vilshofen-Ortenburg 16 km
- Ortenburg - Schärding 23,5 km
- Schärding - St. Willibald 28 km
- St. Willibald - Peuerbach - St. Agatha 28 km
- St. Agatha - Eferding 23 km
- Eferding - Scharten - Wallern 24,5 km
- Route a Wallern - Wels 13 km
Route b Wels - Lambach 16 km
- Lambach - Schwanenstadt - Rutzenmoos 23 km
- Rutzenmoos - Altmünster - Ebensee 28 km
Details - hiking
- themed path
Furthermore, there is a hiking brochure about the “Weg des Buches”. The price is € 5.00, shipping costs € 1.50. You can order it at the following address:
Evangelische Kirche A.B. Österreich
Phone: +43 1 4791523 111
Please get in touch for more information.