Sebaldusweg Stage 3 | Maria Neustift - Gaflenz
Starting point: Maria Neustift
Stage destination: Gaflenz
Trail conditions: Hiking trail, asphalt, forest road
Trail length: 20 km
Metres in altitude: approx. 750 m
Quality of experience: *****
- Multi-stage route
- Refreshment stops available
- Cultural/historical value
Discover on the way:
Maria Neustift pilgrimage church (Maria Heil der Kranken), salvation path as well as signposted chapel paths, traditional wood-fired oven pastries. Gaﬂenz Parish Church (dedicated to St. Andrew and St. Vitus), Gaﬂenz open-air swimming pool.
Off the beaten track:
Maria Neustift family-friendly hikes on the Glasenberg and Freithofberg, Freithofbergalm with alpine hut and homemade delicacies, Ramingtaler Bogenparcours (archery course).
From Maria Neustift, the trail leads along the E31, E31a hiking trail to the Krifter (811 m) and over the meadow ridge to a fork in the trail (detour to the Freithofberg at an altitude of 985 m, with an alpine hut). From the fork in the trail, turn right and walk a short distance downhill on a forest road to the goods road or WW E31 a to the Neustifter Sattel. From here, continue on the WW E32 in the direction of Großgschnaidt. At the bus stop, turn right and hike up to the Hochramskogel snack station. From there you walk in the direction of the Lindaumauer. Arriving at the saddle, you will see a huge rock lying in the forest. There, the detour to the Lindaumauer (1,103 m) begins to the left.
If you simply want to stay on the trail, turn right and follow WW E04 steeply downhill to a forest road and from there continue to Platten, where you then turn left towards Neudorf and follow WW E04 downhill to Grünangerl. Here you turn left into the Güterweg Schwaig unterm Berg. Continue past the Gaisberg farmhouse until you reach the Lindau district. Then keep to the left and continue on the Landesstraße for a short distance until you reach Thalhof. Here you turn right onto the hiking trail E03 Dornbergweg and continue hiking to the stage destination in Gaﬂenz.
Stop off en route: Maria Neustift Freithofberg Alm, Jausenstation Hochramskogel; Gaﬂenz Bäckerei Hirtenlehner, Wirtshaus Heuberger
As there are few opportunities to stop for refreshments directly along the trail, it is advisable to take enough snacks and drinks with you.
Sturdy walking shoes, sun and rain protection, first aid kit for emergencies, possibly walking sticks.
Information on places to stop for refreshments and overnight stays or bookable offers at www.sebaldusweg.at
- Multi-day tour
- Possible accommodation
- Board possible
Arrival by car:
- From Salzburg/Linz: A1 motorway exit Enns-Steyr > B115 into the Enns Valley.
- From Vienna: A1 motorway exit Haag > B42 > B122 > B115 into the Enns Valley
- From Passau: A8 Passau > Wels > A1 motorway exit Enns-Steyr > B115 into the Enns Valley
- From Graz: A9 Pyhrnautobahn > motorway exit Klaus > Grünburg > into the Ennstal valley
The Ennstalbahn runs between Linz and Weißenbach-St. Gallen. Details at www.ooevv.at
Railway Stations are located in Steyr, Garsten, Lahrndorf, Dürnbach, Ternberg, Trattenbach, Losenstein, Reichraming, Großraming, Gaflenz, Weyer, Küpfern, Kastenreith, Kleinreifling and Weißenbach-St. Gallen.
Public parking facilities
- Großraming: Public parking spaces behind the Landesmusikschule or at the former Salzwimmer Inn.
- Losenstein: Public parking spaces at the railway station or at the Blasl family inn.
- Laussa: Öﬀentliche Parkplätze (public parking spaces) opposite Kaufhaus Baumgartner.
- Maria Neustift: Öﬀentliche Parkplätze (public parking spaces) on the left behind the Gemeindeamt (municipal office).
- Gaﬂenz: Public parking spaces at the municipal office, open-air swimming pool
- Weyer: Kreuzberg car park
- Suitable for seniors
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Early winter
Please get in touch for more information.